State Surplus Property is open 8 am – 5 pm, Mondays through Fridays (except state holidays).
STATE SURPLUS WILL BE CLOSED ON FRIDAY, DECEMBER 15TH, 2023 FOR INVENTORY.
WE WILL ALSO BE CLOSED MONDAY, DECEMBER 25TH THROUGH WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 27TH IN OBSERVANCE OF CHRISTMAS.
The warehouse, retail store and vehicle lot are open 9 am- 4:30 pm Mondays through Fridays.
(Keys for viewing auction vehicles are not issued after 4 pm).
Submitting a Bid
- All users must register for a new auction account. Users with accounts in the previous auction site will not be able to use those credentials to log in.
Taxes and Fees
- Effective 3/1/2021, all sales conducted through State Surplus Property are subject to sales and use tax as determined by the NC Department of Revenue.
- Changes in legislation, NC §105.164, prevent State Surplus property from being exempt from the collection and payment of sales and use tax.
- A 2.75% managed convenience fee is added by our credit/bank card processer to the total for all card transactions.
Pickup and Payment
- You have 10 calendar days from auction award date and time to pay and pickup bid items.
- We are unable to process financial transactions in the office after 4:30 pm.
- NO ADDITIONAL TIME WILL BE GIVEN FOR THE PAYMENT OR PICK UP OF AWARDED ITEMS DURING HOLIDAYS.
For viewing and pickup at other locations, please call the site for availability. We recommend you view all items before bidding.
All Auction times are based on Eastern Standard Time